Skip to main content

The Very First Post on Data Science


Since I have been a blogger since 2010, the blogging was never a new thing to me except its highly addictive. My Sinhalese Blog තරු බ්ලොග් සටහන is my very first experience with blogging. Several people read and commented my blog and I was very happy at that time. There were few changes happened. I shifted to two custom domains but never had time to update the  log so they were expired. So I thought now that whats wrong with my old domain? Yes, its a blogspot sub domain but it will do.So I am to come again to blogging world.

Ever since I needed to do my own English blog. Didn't had any clue what to write but I have it now. After I listen to the very first lecture about Data Bases from Dr.Mahen at UCSC, I was really interested in it. There were lot to do but SQL seems like a pretty good language for me. I still remember what Dr.Mahen said, "In SQL, you dont have to write HOW to do it, tell only WHAT to do". After the semester I had "A" for DBMS and ever since, I wanted to be a DBA. I was very good at ER diagrams, writing SQL queries and many people asked me when they have a problem.

In 2013 research symposium of UCSC. I herd the word "Data Science" along with

  Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century
The person who quoted this statement is Dr. Srinath Perera Director - Research, WSO2 who was the chief guest of the research symposium. I came home and read the original article from Harvard Business review . Its true what he said. I am truly inspired and I wanted to go in that career path. Its really amazing. I choose Data Mining(Only subject that was relevant to my path and One of a hardest subject and only five of us from the batch choose it) and I am the only one holding a A to the subject. But there is a lot to learn to be a Data Scientist. So where to start, There was a course started in Coursera, I followed that and earned the certificate. But more than the certificate, what I learned was amazing. Have to talk about it in a different post. 

So I wanted to start this blog and share my knowledge and also help to others those who willing to follow this new career path. So lets meet in another post. Bye!

Comments

Post a Comment